Monday, August 12, 2013

The good OLD Salvation Army

The SAVN team is currently in Lodi CA covering the local corps' Chef Training Program (a GREAT program, btw) for a feature story on our site.

After a long day of shooting, we headed to IHOP for a bite to eat.  Once seated, a lovely little old lady by the name of Barbara came over and introduced herself as our server.  To put it mildly, Barbara had spunk, going so far as to lecture our resident vegan on the importance of including protein in his daily diet.

She must have noticed we said grace prior to eating because she sauntered up behind me and asked, "So, what church are you guys with?"

"The Salvation Army," I replied over my shoulder.

She reeled back in shock.  "Really?"

"Yes."

"REALLY?!"

"Yes, Really."  I said, turning around.  "Why are you so surprised?"

"Because you all are so YOUNG!"

Hmm.  Telling.

1 comment:

  1. I THought to admit that your blog is truly interesting. I have spent a lot of my free time reading your content. Thank you a lot!
    Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing | SEO STAR SOFTWARE HOUSE

    ReplyDelete